Thursday, February 9, 2012

You know you are a crappy housewife when ...





You know you are a crappy housewife when the SIMPLEST idea creates the biggest "ah ha" epiphany moment! My friend Melissa told me that she always keeps about an inch or so of soapy water in her sink throughout the day. That way her kids can put their dishes in and it can get a pre-soak so when she can get to putting the dishes in the dishwasher, they are all rinsed and ready to go. BRILLIANT! I know some of you are wondering why this is such a cool thing for me because you guys already do the water in the sink thing. I realize it is a BIG DUH! But these are the type of ideas that I love hearing because it is so simple and it really helps. And since I am a crappy housewife, these simple ideas don't come to me naturally!

3 comments:

  1. I have never done that! It is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem with this theory is that my sink is always full to the brim, and when I finally get to the bottom, there is cold nasty water in it! =) I guess the idea is to LOAD the dishwasher, not just fill the sink, right?!? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course this only works when you do take those few minutes a few times a day to throw them in the dishwasher! I have totally done that! I hate it when the sink gets so full and you have to put your hand in the gross water to unplug the sink. GROSS!

      Delete