Saturday, February 11, 2012

Satruday Morning Waffles

Even though I have deemed myself the Crappy Housewife, there are a few things that I think I do pretty well. I love baking and there are things that I love to bake from scratch. The 3 things that I can do well is bake cookies (perfected witht he help of my sister-in-law Amy), pie crust, and waffles. Baking the scratch is great and it is cheaper than the mixes out there. Plus my kids love to help bake with me and get their hands in flour. Seriously what kids doesn't want to make flour hand prints on their bootie!

Saturday morning around here is all about waffles! We love making waffles plus it supports my cooking and homesteading goals(cooking from scratch)! Now I used to be a Bisquick gal. And there is nothing wrong with Bisquick! But let me tell you, once you make my waffle recipe, you will never go back!

Crappy Housewife Saturday Morning Waffles:
Wet Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
3/4 stick of butter, melted and cooled (I always melt on the stove because if you do it in the microwave, you will have exploding butter and a mess)
3 capfuls or vanilla

Dry Ingredients:
1 4/4 cup of flour
2 TB sugar
1 1/2 ts Baking Powder
1/2 ts salt

Mix up the wet ingredients. Mix the Dry  ingredients. Combine wet to dry and mix. Pour into waffle iron (don't forget a little cooking spray) and cook. Yummy!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment