Sunday, February 5, 2012

A little Introduction

I am a Crappy Housewife!! I am admitting this!I do not like, nor do I know how to clean, organize, decorate, etc. I like to cook but I never know what to cook and there is currently about 5 loads of laundry on my couch waiting to be folded and put away! No Joke! Problem is I like a clean house! I want to be more organized! But after years and waiting for a magic pill or thinking that the "Seen on TV" cleaning products was going to be my miracle, I've now come to the realization that the only miracle worker is myself. It's time for me to change my ways and to learn how to be a better housewife!

Let me introduce myself ... I am a 30 year old stay at home Mom of 3 awesome kids. Ashley is 5, Sarah is 2 and James is 10 months old. I was always a working woman but once I had Sarah, the cost of two kids in daycare was ridiculous. The funny thing is I always wanted to be a stay at home Mom and dreamed of being home with my kids and being a housewife. That was 2 1/2 years ago and I still suck at it (honesty is the best policy!)

My hope with this blog is to work on my crappy ways and learn to be a better housewife. I hope that others may read this and feel inspired and not alone! I also hope to get great tips and ideas from readers as well as share tips I learn throughout this process!

2 comments:

  1. Dude! If you are a crappy housewife, I don't even know the words to describe me! I have no kids yet, and still can't bring myself to clean. I occasionally do dishes, laundry, and pick up the garbage around the house. But I only clean the bathrooms, dust, mop, etc when guests are coming. I have piles of old mail and stuff I don't know what to do with stacked on the dining room table, so we eat in the living room (which, honestly, we would do anyway).

    About a week ago, I made a resolution to get better, but then life and work got the best of me, and I am playing catchup with the basics right now.

    So anytime you are feeling like a crappy housewife, you can come visit my house. It should make you feel much better.

    My mother told me I should hire a housekeeper. I may someday. But I want to be able to keep the house clean myself before I pay someone else to do it. Otherwise I feel like one of those people who pays someone to do real life stuff because I am incompetent and cannot do it myself. I don't want to be one of those people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris! Thanks for your comment! Sounds like the only difference between you and I is the kids. Our houses sound the same. I am happy for your resolution and I am trying to do the same. I would love for you to follow this blog and maybe we can help each other!

    ReplyDelete