Monday, February 20, 2012

Time to focus

So the last week has been a bit weird for me. Instead of joyfully figuring out this housewife thing, I turned down the path of trying to mentally figure it out. I was trying to find this magic answer of fairness and pride. What does it mean in this modern time to be a housewife? I asked myself if I was just a common slob. I still want to figure out those answers but while I was pondering these questions, my house was still a disaster. So time to focus back on the task at hand and that is to clean up my act! So last night I cooked and cleaned. I still have work to do today, but things are looking better. I guess I complain about deserving a day off but what is comes down to is that when it comes to housework, you can't take a day off. Things have to get done everyday for me and my family. I don't want my 10 month old James crawling around a floor that hasn't been vacuumed because they boy puts everything in is mouth! I don't want my girls not having room to play.

I also want to work on my role as a wife. I realize that we are not in the 1950's so as I dive into this topic, many may be turned off by this. Let me apologize in advance. This is just how I feel. I am not only a crappy housewife, but sometimes an unhappy one. I think I blame my poor husband a lot. I think he needs to treat me better when in all honestly, I am not treating him with the same respect that I am expecting from him. I complain a lot to him and that is not fair. So I want to focus more on  him and our relationship. I want to be that wife that I know he wants. I had this epinphony at church yesterday that if I start treating hiim better, than the things that I want to change for me will. It's the idea of giving respect and taking respect.

This post seems a bit  like jibber jabber but it is what is in my head. Thanks for reading and the comments thus far. Back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment