Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Figuring out a daily routine

Everything I read says that I should have a daily routine! I like the idea of a routine however I have issues trying to stick with one. Everyday seems a little different and most evening I feel useless because I am so tired. So what kind of routine can I set that I can do everyday? On my worst day when I am so tired, what is the basics that I need to do? Here is what I am thinking:

Empty Dishwasher in the morning so it can be filled throughout the day. Run dishwasher at night
Clean up after meals
Do a load a laundry - which means wash, dry, fold, and put away
Wipe down bathroom
Quick Toy pick-up

What are your guy's daily household routines?





1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy... no matter what type of lady a person is, a routine is challenge for all of us! As a SAHM I don't have a boss breathing down my neck and insisting I keep to my "schedule" or he'll fire me... which might be a threat I need to figure all of this out.
    I don't have any of this figured out, but I do have a few things that help get the ball rolling for me. I do these things every day to assist in feeling like I've "got it together", which helps me remain productive throughout the day.
    When I get up in the morning, I make my bed. While I brush my teeth, I wipe the bathroom down.
    Before bedtime the kitchen is cleaned.

    Another way I keep things tidy is I tell myself someone unexpected might drop in and if they do... will I be embarrassed of my house? Sadly, shame works for me.

    Good luck and I'm keeping up with your blog to gain hints for myself too! Lots of love you.

    ReplyDelete