Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Sick Crappy Housewife

You know the one thing I haven't really gotten used to since leaving my job and staying home to be a housewife/mom is what to do when I am sick. When I worked I had these glorious things called "Sick Days" in which if I was sick, I would call in sick to work and still be paid! Of course the kids would still go to daycare and I would be left at home to truly rest and get better. Ahh the good old days!

Now if I am sick, I still have kids to take care of and a house to take care of. I don't get a sick day. I just have to modify my day, pop a Tylenol, and make it work. It is these days where I would completely let my house go! So then my house would be trashed and a couple days after I would get out of my sick fog, I would have a big mess to clean up!

Most of the time when I get sick, I can figure it out. A cold doesn't really stop me. But the flu is another case! That is what is happening to me this week. On Monday my son got the flu. On Wednesday morning my husband and I BOTH had the flu. We litterally traded back and forth, one person sleeping/throwing up, the other laying in the living room watching over the kids. I tried to be different this time around and keep up with the house when it was my "shift." I had the kids pick up their toys that they had scattered around the living room since they were given free reign. We made sandwiches and only used paper plates to keep up with the kitchen. I also tried to pick up little things here and there as I staggered through the house.

Now that I am feeling a bit better and that my other 2 kids are sick, I'm trying to get back on top of things. Of course, I now have a lot of flu laundry. I am just trying to catch up from my day in a complete fog and not let it stretch out a week or two. It's so much nicer because I can do little things here and there and give my attention to my kids! It's how it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment