Saturday, March 3, 2012

Clean Eating!

One of my goals to be a better housewife includes meal planning and the idea of homesteading. I recently was introduced to the concept of clean eating and now I am totally obsessed with the concept. First I was interested in it as a diet to lose weight. Eating clean foods is a way to eat better, without counting points or calories. But as I became more interested in the idea, I started reading more about how food really fuels our bodies. It's the whole idea of eating to live instead of eating to live. Using food as a tool. Can food help me have more energy? Can it help with stress and anxiety? I blame so many of my "issues" with being a crazy Mom with 3 kids. Of course I would be tired and cranky. But could my issues be solely because of how I eat? I eat too much processed foods, fast food, and meals filled with a lot of fat. But what is I learned to switch it? Eat healthy proteins, fruits and vegetables - put together the correct foods to boost energy. I am totally into this new concept and maybe this will make me a better housewife!

1 comment:

  1. I have lots of good book titles on eating clean and locally I could share if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete