Friday, March 16, 2012

Let the Cleaning Begin

Oh my house is such a disaster. And I have had zero motivation to clean it. I wish I was a natural cleaner, but I'm not so I just need to make habits. This morning my husband asked me what I was doing today and I told him I had to go to his Mom's to clean her house (I do this every week to earn a little money. Funny how I do that, but can't keep my own house clean! Hmmm ... ) He said, "Don't you think you should focus on our house first." He was right, as much as a hate to admit it. Whether I like it or not, I honestly feel that the housework is my job. When I complain to friends about the state of my house, many just point the finger to my husband and tell me he should help more. But call my old fashioned, but I really feel that if I get to be home with my kids then keeping up with the house is my responsibility. Now that is not to say that he can't help me every once in a while and we are working on that. But the day to day tasks should be my job.

So I need to understand my primary job/responsibilities and get my butt in gear. I've got music on. I've got my 2nd load of laundry in and my dining room picked up. I've moved into the living room. I've attempted to get my girls to work on their room but you would have thought I asked them to like shave their head. THEY FREAKED OUT!! So I need to set a better example for them so they don't think cleaning is so horrible!!

Off to work on my house!


No comments:

Post a Comment