Thursday, March 29, 2012

2nd Shift

Let me first apologize for my lack of posts the past couple weeks. The sickness has continued in my house. A couple of posts ago, I said how my whole family had the flu, then we all got bad colds, and then my 11 month old got pneumonia! Well it didn't end there! My son finished is round of antioboitics so we went on our planned vacation. On vacation, my son and daughter got pink eye! WHAT!!??! PINK EYE??! Where the heck did we get that? Just typing it makes my eye itch. We got home from vacation and I ended up having to take the kids to the ER. We followed up with our pedetrician. He followed up on my son's pneumonia and check their pink eye. But then he wasn't done! He told me my son had RSV. Oh man  ... it is just one thing after another! Come on Spring!!!

Today I have been thinking about the idea of 2nd shift. I know there are people out there who have 2 jobs that they do back to back. I did that once! I was working my regular 8-5pm job and I decided to get a temp holiday job at a clothing store. I figured I would pay off some bills and be able to buy a few extra Christmas presents.  So I worked 8-5pm and then worked from 5:15 to 11pm. I only lasted 3 weeks. It was too much! I applaud people who can do that and have to do that!

As a parent, we all have 2nd shift. Whether we work outside the home or we are a housewife, we have to deal with the dreaded 2nd shift. 2nd shift starts after your first job ends. In my case as a housewife and a stay at home Mom, I work all day with my kids. I drive them to school, run errands, clean-up etc. And I celebrate when my husband comes home a 5pm. But then that is when 2nd shift starts! I have to regroup, do dinner, homework, baths, and bed. And after all that, I still have nightly clean-up to do. I'm exhausted!!! I don't know how to get through 2nd shift. I can make it through dinner but then I collapse and I want to rest.

So how do you get through 2nd shift?

No comments:

Post a Comment